SWAN IS HIRING – Consultant for Briefing Paper on Intersecting issues, identities and barriers in access to health care, HIV services and SRHR among key populations in CEECA
SWAN is searching for a Consultant to develop a Briefing Paper on intersectionalities among key populations in the CEECA region.
We hope to explore the ways that intersecting identities – including those of transgender people, men who have sex with men, women who have sex with women, drug users, sex workers, and those living with HIV, might affect their access to health care and modify their experience of laws and barriers, and in particular, examining stigmatising practices towards these groups in regards to HIV and sexual and reproductive health and rights. ‘Intersectionality’ in this context refers to belonging to two or more of these ‘key populations’ or communities
Requirements for the position:
- Experience of working in social research, social movements, social determinants of health, human rights and health, gender diversity, populations at margins
- Knowledge and understanding of key population communities, HIV and/or SRHR trends, gender diversity and legal frameworks in CEECA;
- Experience of conducting desk research;
- Experience of writing up briefing papers, reports or analysis;
- Fluency in written and spoken English language;
- Fluency in Russian or another regional language welcome;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual and diverse environment and maintain excellent working relationships;
- Lived experiences in relation to any of the topics is welcomed;
Please see the full Terms of Reference for the position and information on how to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is April 9th, 2023